Sunday, August 6, 2017

Ramblings and Bleah

My plans, for all they were worth, became dust this week.  At least my plans on doing a solo trek into the Seneca River Falls up on Spruce Knob in early October.  My co-worker got a better job at a specialty pharmacy and I'm left, the sole pharmacy tech at the little place I work, till they get another body in there.  Figure it will be mid-November before I get more than 1 day off at a time.  So yeah, what a letdown.

Dear Daughter moves into her college dorm in 6 days so I'm cruising on some hard core empty nesting sadness.  The one bright spot in my life in this house is leaving.  I'll miss her desperately.  The soon-to-be-ex got himself lawyered up (must be nice having a money bags to give him everything) and the petition has been filed.  I received divorce papers last week, so I need to get my responses back.   It really is time to push toward my own place where I can reboot my life and reinvent myself.

I'm not sure I'll ever be whole again, though - there's too much hurt, heartache and emotional damage.  I certainly won't trust a man ever again - not easily anyway.  Not after STBX and his shenanigans.  I would like to use words that are much harsher and more descriptive, but I'll save those till the ink's dry on the divorce decree and I'm in a safe, healing place.

What I need, more than anything else right now (other than more Jesus in my life -- always need more Jesus), is a worthy goal.  Going to work to earn money to keep the lights on and put food in the belly ... that's just survival.  It's a day in-day out slog that has no meaning on its own.  What's the worth of scrambling for survival level pay, coming home exhausted and staring at the TV or a video monitor day after day after day.  Why continue breathing?

I seriously need a week away in the woods.  Seriously.

Sorry for the depressing depression ramble.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment